We Have Been Committed Building Families Since 1998…
Başkent University IVF Units offer state-of-the-art care in both female and male infertility. Being in an academic environment, latest developments and research is implemented into the modern, supportive, high quality and individualized care of infertile couples if the evidence shows any benefit.
Among our staff we have some of the most experienced infertility specialists in the county, reproductive endocrinologists, clinical nurses and technicians. Our reproductive endocrinology and infertility specialists with academic titles are famous for their prompt and accurate diagnosis, sincere and proper management of most complicated infertility cases. Our facilities are well equipped with a wide range of the latest diagnostic & therapeutic technology:
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection,
- Assisted Hatching,
- Embryo Freezing,
- MicroTESE, PESE (sperm extraction from testis or epididymis)
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis
- Screening for advanced maternal age
- Diagnosis maternal or parental genetic disorders
- 24 chromosome genomic chromosome
- Single cell PCR for gene disorders
Başkent University Fertility Centers offer many diagnostic and treatment options besides IVF/ICSI including:
- Advanced Infertility Surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Severe endometriosis and ovarian endometrioma surgery
- Tubal reanostomosis (to open previously ligated Fallopian tubes)
- Adhesiolysis and tuboplasty
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
- Surgical (removal of polyps and myomas, septum resection, treatment of intrauterine adhesions-Asherman Syndrome)
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Repeated Pregnancy Loss
- In All Problems Related with Reproductive Endocrinology
Our Mission is Personalized Quality Care
Başkent University IVF Units know that each patient is an individual with different needs and issues. So as a rule and practice our doctors offer treatment with a individualized plan to manage each couple, after taking into consideration the severity of the disease, age of the couple and duration of the infertility. Başkent University IVF Units are committed to provide an advanced range of services and technologies available - in terms of all types of fertility treatment. Here we aim at offering our patients best in the region.
Couples from varied backgrounds come to Başkent University IVF Units with a dream –
A dream of having their own baby
We are here to help your dreams come true.
What you want to know about infertility
The failure of having a baby within a year without any contraception is referred to as infertility. There are many difficulties in infertility that are spiritual and material, other than the social difficulties seen in our country such as divorce or the desire of the husband to have another wife. Today, it is possible to solve many of the problems in infertility.
WHAT IS INFERTILITY?
The failure of having a baby within a year despite regular sexual activity of at least 2-3 times a week is called infertility. About 15% of the society has this problem. For a healthy couple, the probability of conception every month is 25-30%. This rate reaches 75% within a year and exceeds 85% at the end of 2 years. Thus, a couple should present to a doctor at the end of a year if conception does not occur.
CAUSES OF INFERTILITY
One third of the problems is caused by the male partner, one third is caused by the female partner, and one third is caused by both. The remaining 10% remains unexplained.
The reasons for infertility related to the female partner include anovulation, obstruction of the fallopian tubes, congenital defects of the uterus (of the fallopian tubes), benign uterine tumors (myomas) and intra-uterine adnesions (uterine synechiae).
The reasons related to the male partner include low seminal parameters or absence of spermatozoa (oligospermia or azoospermia), decreased motility (asthenospermia) or morphological defects in spermatozoa (teratozoospermia). Genetic reasons or chromosomal anomalies are also observed occasionally.
The first appointment
Bring along all the results of the examinations or tests you have had performed previously with you. The male partner should have a 3-4 day sexual abstinence. The female partner may be in or out of her menstrual period. First, a detailed history will be obtained from the couple. Then, the woman will undergo a gynaecological and ultrasonographic examination, and subsequently, cervical PAP smear and culture test samples will be obtained. Hormone tests will be investigated and hysterosalpingography will be requested if necessary. If the couple has already had some of these tests performed a short while previously, then they will not need to be repeated. You will be informed by your doctor concerning the timing of the tests, and your treatment will be decided according to the results of these tests.
Who should receive IVF treatment?:
- Infertile women over 35 years of age,
- Male factor infertility,
- Women with absence or obstruction of the fallopian tubes,
- Women with unsuccessful surgical operations and those at high risk regarding surgical operations
- Those with one of the following reasons for infertility: endometriosis, the negative effect of cervical mucus on the motility of the spermatozoa (cervical factor), unruptured follicules, unexplained infertility, failure of 3-4 intrauterine insemination applications.
- Women with limited ovarian reserves.